Tuesday, November 27, 2012

"Reflected in You" By: Sylvia Day Review

Reflected in You (Crossfire, #2)
Reflected in You
By: Sylvia Day

Synopsis from Goodreads

Gideon Cross. As beautiful and flawless on the outside as he was damaged and tormented on the inside. He was a bright, scorching flame that singed me with the darkest of pleasures. I couldn't stay away. I didn't want to. He was my addiction... my every desire... mine.
My past was as violent as his, and I was just as broken. We’d never work. It was too hard, too painful... except when it was perfect. Those moments when the driving hunger and desperate love were the most exquisite insanity. We were bound by our need. And our passion would take us beyond our limits to the sweetest, sharpest edge of obsession...
My Thoughts
    Sylvia Day has most definitely written a highly addictive series that grabs you and won’t let you go. When I finished this book, I set down my Nook and just looked around like a lost puppy. There was just so much to think about and so many things had happened that I was in shock to be utterly truthful. Passionate and beyond all else, intense, Reflected in You continues Eva and Gideon’s tempestuous romance and their attempts at building a life together.
     Continuing Eva and Gideon’s relationship, Reflected in You seems to be one long drama filled novel with continuous ups and downs. More of Eva’s history is revealed as well as an appearance of her tormenter, Nathan. Gideon is still incredibly controlling and Eva is insanely jealous of anyone from Gideon’s past.
     Instead of story, I felt this novel was more of a strengthening of the characters. We learned more about them, their obsessions, and of course their passions. As I said in my review of Bared to You, at points I hated the characters and at other times I seemed addicted to them as they were to one another. I hated that Gideon was so controlling, having her followed by his staff and other weird stalker like behaviors. My honest indication is to yell, “Run! Get away from him!”

“I am obsessed with you, angel. Addicted to you. You're everything I've ever wanted or needed, everything I've dreamed of. You're everything. I live and breathe you. For you.”
“People get over love. They can live without it, they can move on. Love can be lost and found again. But that won't happen for me. I won't survive you, Eva.”
      Eva was so stinking dependent on him at times, I became insanely frustrated. At times she would say she was addicted to him and couldn't stay away. Suddenly she would see him with an ex-girlfriend or really any female acquaintance in a most platonic way and suddenly she hated him, would cry, leave him and start the entirely crazy cycle once again.

“He was my drug, and I had no desire to kick the habit.”

      Even after having a bit to think about the book in its entirely, I am still really torn. Did I like it? Well...I honestly don’t know. The characters got on my nerves constantly and never seemed to solve any problem thrown their way yet; I can’t wait to get my hands on the next book.

Book Details
Publisher: Penguin
Date of Publication: October 23, 2012
# of Pages: 432
ISBN: 9780425263914

2 comments:

  1. I haven't read these, or the Shades of Gray novels but they sound a little alike, am I right?

    I wanted to let you know that I have posted the new 2013 WHERE Are You Reading Challenge sign up. I know you have signed up last year so thought you may want to again! SO much fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. There is no denying that there are some incredibly sexy love scenes in this one. If you thought the first book was hot, you have NO idea! Sylvia takes it to the next level with this one, it's going to be hard to top, but I have no doubt in my mind that she will blow us away with book three.

    Marlene Detierro (Andean, Inc.)

    ReplyDelete