Thursday, April 10, 2014

"Spin" By: CD Reiss Review

18482483
Spin
By: C.D. Reiss
Synopsis
Mafia capo, Antonio Spinelli blew through my orderly life like a cyclone.
Gorgeous and passionate, with a breathtaking brutality, he put me under his spell the moment he touched me, drawing me into his underworld of risk, violence and betrayal.
And I found, just as this sophisticated savage didn’t trust me, I didn’t trust myself. Something happened to me. Some alchemy from the heat between us.
I discovered I was a savage, too
My Thoughts
     Theresa is in a bit of a tailspin. Having just discovered her fiance has been cheating on her, Theresa isn’t in the mood for any new men in her life. Adrift in her romantic life with a job that is lackluster, Theresa finds herself transformed when she meets Antonio.
     Raw, violent, passionate and emotional, Antonio brings out facets of Theresa she never knew existed. When she discovers that Antonio may be more than just a pretty face, maybe even a crime boss in the mafia, she has to decide if having him in her life is worth the pain she may have to endure or the passion she knows will overrule.
    I have a hard time describing this book. While I finished it, I will admit I almost didn’t. The story itself held promise but the execution of the idea fell short of its mark. I had a hard time figuring out who was talking half the time, so I was continually flipping back to even understand what was happening.
     While the story was fast paced and a superb amount of heat if you know what I mean, the actual tale itself seemed choppy and uneven. It looks like the author is planning two more titles in the series and I’ll probably pick up number two to see what happens. I enjoyed the characters, just not the actual story telling.
Book Details
Publisher: Fido Publishing
Date of Publication: March 12, 2014
# of Pages: 240
ISBN: 9785214636
Source: Personal Purchase

No comments:

Post a Comment