Friday, March 9, 2012

Follow Friday


FEATURE AND FOLLOW FRIDAY IS A BLOG HOP PUT TOGETHER BY TWO hOSTS: PARAJUNKEE AND ALISON CAN READ AS A WAY TO HELP BLOGGERS BECOME AWARE OF OTHER BLOGS AND BLOGGERS. 

IT'S A GREAT WAY TO MAKE NEW BLOGGER FRIENDS.



Q: Have you ever looked at book’s cover and thought, This is going to horribleBut, was instead pleasantly surprised? 

The example that immediately came to mind is 
"The Raven Prince" By: Elizabeth Hoyt. 
When I saw this cover, I hated it! 
Looking at it now, it doesn't bother me, but...initially I just despised the cover. I didn't like the red. AND doesn't the cover kind of bring to mind force?
 Look at the way he's gripping her arms - its just creepy. 

However, I love the story! It's one of the most amazing romances I have ever read. 

Synopsis:
There comes a time in a woman's life when she must do the unthinkable - and find employment. For the widowed Anna Wren, that means taking a job as female secretary for the Earl of Swartingham. Secretaries are always male - never female - as Anna well knows but the real downfall of her career is the realisation that she is falling in love with Edward de Raaf - the Earl. But when she realises that he is going to visit a brothel in London to take care of his 'manly' desires, Anna sees red - and decides to take advantage of the opportunity to also take care of her 'womanly' desires - with the Earl as her unknowing lover. But the Earl has another reason for going to London. He is formalising his betrothal and trying (with little success) to forget about a secretary that has no right being female. Unhandsome, he knows that no woman wants him. Except for the mysterious lady with whom he spent two unforgettable nights at Aphroditersquo;s Grotto, the most scandalous brothel in London. But when Anna's plan is revealed, a bit of blackmail is thrown into the mix, a proposal is rejected and even the Earl himself will be unprepared for the intrigues that ensnare them.

This is the new, improved cover...
and I like it much better.

8 comments:

  1. oh i liked the new cover! yep much better than the old one!

    new follower and happy friday!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yep, I agree with you, the new cover seems lighter, smoother... Don't know how to say it. Anyways, I don't read much non-YA books, but I'll keep this one in mind if I change my mind :)

    New follower! Happy Friday~
    My FF

    ReplyDelete
  3. That first cover does make me uncomfortable, don't like the grip he has on her arms at all.

    Thanks for stopping by my blog, hopping by to return the follow :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. That happens to me a lot with covers but more often I love a cover and the story isn't so great. I've stopped choosing my books that way now. lol

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm getting a different visual interpretation of those hands on her arms which I'm going to keep this GP post. lolz. Anyways, glad you eventually like the book. :D My FF.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I agree...the new cover is a big improvement! Thanks for stopping by my blog. New follower via the FF!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I find a lot of romance novels seem to have the seem feel to them when it comes to the cover. A Man and Woman holding each other. It gets boring. Great choices. :)

    I am a new follower. Thanks for stopping by my blog Bittersweet Enchantment yesterday.

    - Beckie

    ReplyDelete
  8. He is still latching on to her arm! LOL Thanks for following me, following back!

    ReplyDelete