Friday, December 28, 2012

"Leave Me Breathless" By: Cherrie Lynn Review


Leave Me Breathless
By: Cherrie Lynn
Leather and lace don't strike sparks. Or do they?

It's Valentine's Day, but Macy Rodgers isn't feeling the love. Aside from a torrid, one-night fling in a backseat a few months back, her love life has been sorely lacking, but fortunately she has devious friends who feel like playing Cupid. Wouldn't they be shocked to learn that the match they've made for her is the same one that steamed up the back of that '69 GTO...

Seth "Ghost" Warren has just returned to town after an extended absence. Between his grandmother's failing health, his job as a tattoo artist, his band's gigs, and a crazy ex that won't leave him alone, he's stretched thin. Cautious cowgirl Macy is the last thing he needs thrown into the mix.

She's all country, he's all heavy metal—and Macy knows that if anyone can propel her out of her rut, it's Seth. But when their worlds collide, it's anyone guess if they'll survive with their hearts intact.

My Thoughts

     Everyone in the blogosphere was talking about Leave Me Breathless so I decided to jump on the bandwagon and try out Cherrie Lynn. A cute story that is pretty much the epitome of opposites attract, I found myself drawn to Ghost. A hottie who has a troubled past and tattoos, yum! Now Macy, she’s where I found myself withering a bit and wanting to smack my head into a wall once in awhile.
     So up front, I have not read the other two books in the series. After finishing the story, I promptly went to Barnes and Noble and bought the other two, but I did go into this book blindly. That said, it didn’t bother me at all to pick up on these other characters stories as the third in the series. One note though, apparently Macy and Ghost had a very brief one night fling in the second book, so this story takes up a little while after that.
    Macy is a fairly insecure 20-something who enjoys the rush of life Ghost gives her when she is around him. She rode horses as an adolescent and now cares for her parents business, so she’s pretty much responsibility personified. She views Ghost as everything that she isn’t, irresponsible, unruly, a lawbreaker. Ghost sees Macy as stability.
    The romance is sweet and comes together fairly quickly, yet I was still a little disappointed. I don’t know if I was just hoping this book was going to rock my socks or what, but Macy just drove me crazy. She was so insecure about different aspects of her life and at times it just seemed so contrived. She wanted to be with him, she was attracted to his rebellious attitude, yet didn’t want to get too involved for fear of what could be. I guess those are realistic problems but during the course of the story they just didn’t work with me, it just seemed like to much back and forth.
     All in all Leave Me Breathless is an ok story with a fun romance but somewhat crazy people. I know I’ve dogged the characters a bit but I liked the story so much as to buy the other two in the series, so it wasn’t that bad. The heroine drove me a little crazy but beyond that, I enjoyed how the sexy tattoo artist fell in love with the rodeo queen.


Book Details
Publisher: Samhain Publishing
Date of Publication: November 6, 2012
# of Pages: 276
ISBN: B008Z436F4

No comments:

Post a Comment