Tuesday, December 11, 2012

"The Sweetest Tattoo" By: Cameron Dane Review

"The Sweetest Tattoo"
By: Cameron Dane


Synopsis from Goodreads:
Tattoo artist Kelsie Cole cannot believe her brother would give his best friend use of his cabin the same week he promised it to her. She had been butting heads with straight-laced John McBride since they were kids. John McBride only takes one week of vacation a year, and there isn’t any way he’s driving down a mountain back to Raleigh just because Kelsie Cole is already standing on the porch staking her claim when he arrives. The cabin has two rooms, and they are adults. They can share a space for seven days. It’s not like they’re attracted to each other or anything, right?
My Thoughts  
   Are you tired of hearing about “Fifty Shades of Grey?” Well me too, we’ve all read it and know what its about, lets move on. Yet I find myself drawn to those wild lists on Goodreads or Amazon that promise, If You Liked Fifty Shades, You’ll Like This. Most of those lists are books that don’t appeal to me in the least, but I decided to try “The Sweetest Tattoo.”
    Kelsie Cole is a tattoo artist, a little on the chubby side, with pink hair and a pretty outrageous personality. Taking a vacation from her tatooing business, she heads up to her family’s cabin in the woods. Who does she find there but her brother’s best friend, John. John is about as straight-laced as you can be while also being a CEO of a business. Calm, collected and poise seems to be John’s way of life.
    “The Sweetest Tattoo” was an interesting take on two completely different people. Pink haired chunky tattooed girl vs. buttoned up CEO is about as opposite as it gets.  I’m going to be totally honest, I’m a chunky girl without the pink hair and it took some pretty big suspension of fact for me to see these two together. Besides the differences in their professions and mannerisms, their financial and just personalities seemed to really clash. It was fairly hard to suspend belief to see this romance with nothing in common except for a childhood crush. Hard to do, but no impossible.
      Dane writes a pretty basic romance with a twist. I enjoyed the heroine but John just drove me up the wall. He supposedly had has this crush on Kelsie for years and has never acted on it, but suddenly being near her for one day brings it to the forefront? Meh.  When I finished, I had a hard time imagining these two staying together in life.
     Kelsie and John have a sweet little romance within “The Sweetest Tattoo” but I found it pretty unbelievable. Short and cute, don’t get me wrong, I just don’t see these two characters loving one another in the long term. An ok book but probably won’t pick this author up again, I would suggest this romance for people who enjoy short romances with a little fluff.  


Book Details
Publisher: Liquid Silver Books
Date of Publication: 2008
# of Pages: 76
ISBN: 978-1595784773

No comments:

Post a Comment