Sunday, November 6, 2011

It's Monday! - What Are You Reading?



It's Monday! - What Are You Reading? is hosted weekly on Mondays 
by Sheila from "One Person's Journey" 
(http://bookjourney.wordpress.com)

Post the books you read last week, books currently reading, and books you plan on finishing this week.




Books I Read This Week:

 "Wrangled and Tangled" 
By: Lorelei James


Janie Fitzhugh and Abe Lawson have long been divorced and living apart. Now she's back in town, a changed woman-making cattleman Abe want to wrangle an invitation to her bed...
To get his dream ranch, Renner Jackson has partnered with spoiled daddy's girl Tierney Pratt. She thinks she can handle this cowboy, but Renner won't make it easy. Little do they know they will be entangled in ways neither dreamed possible.





"Little Bee" 
By: Chris Cleave
We don't want to tell you much about this book.
It is a truly special story and we don't want to spoil it.
Nevertheless, you need to know something, so we will just say this:
It is extremely funny, but the African beach scene is horrific.
The story starts there, but the book doesn't.
And it's what happens afterward that is most important.
Once you have read it, you'll want to tell everyone about it. 





"Lord of Scoundrels" 
By: Loretta Chase
Tough minded Jessica Trent's sole intention is to free her nitwit brother from the destructive influence of Sebastian Ballister, the notorious Marquess of Diain. She never expects to desire the arrogant, amoral cad. And When Daine's reciprocal passion places them in a scandalously compromising, and public, position, Jessica is left with no choice but to seek satisfaction... Damn the minx for tempting him, kissing him...and then for forcing him to salvage reputation! Lord Dain can't wait to put the infuriating bluestocking in her place -- and in some amorous position. And if this means marriage, so be it -- though Sebastian is less than certain he can continue to remain aloof...and steal his heart to the sensuous, head strong lady's considerable charms.



Books I'm Currently Reading:



 "Jane in Bloom" 
By: Deborah Lytton
Jane's big sister, Lizzie, has always been the center of attention. No one ever pays attention to boring, plain Jane. But when Jane's twelfth birthday marks the beginning of Lizzie's fi nal descent into a fatal eating disorder, Jane discovers that the only thing harder than living in her big sister's shadow is living without her.




In the wake of tragedy, Jane learns to look through her camera lens and frame life differently, embracing her broken family and understanding that every girl has her season to blossom.

13 comments:

  1. I have Lorelei James' books in my TBR. I haven't gotten around to them yet, but they look good. Thanks for stopping by my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'd like to read Little Bee I hope you enjoyed it!

    Shelleyrae @ Book'd Out

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooh what did you think of Little Bee, I have that one somewhere, forgot all about it til I saw it mentioned here.
    Have a great week and happy reading :)

    Thanks for your visit and kind thoughts, give your little Daisy Jane an extra pat from us!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oohh... "Wrangled and Tangled" sounds yummy. ;)

    Come see my Monday and my Giveaways! Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I thought Little Bee was a really interesting read, but you're right, the beach scene is horrific

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've heard really good things about Little Bee, but haven't had the time to read it yet. Everyone seems to love it :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. You got some serious reading done last week! I hope you are enjoying your current reads. Thanks for stopping by. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, you have some awesome looking books here! Hope you have fun with them...and thanks for visiting my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I hope you enjoyed Little Bee! I've heard good things about it!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Jane in Bloom looks like it could be a really powerful read - I'll have to be sure to stop by and see your review once your are finished with it. Thank you so much for visiting me at Hands and Home. Have a great week and happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh my goodness, I LOVE Lord of Scoundrels. I think it's my fave romance. Jess is fabulous, and I just can't articulate how much I love this book.

    Would love to read your review :)

    And the cover for Little Bee is gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete