Wednesday, February 20, 2013

"Hunter's Season" By: Thea Harrison Review



Hunter's Season
By: Thea Harrison

Synopsis from Goodreads

Xanthe is everything Naida wasn’t, and the passion she stirs in him is something he thought had long passed him by.
My Thoughts
      I’ve been a fan of this series since the very first book. I loved the new world created by Thea Harrison and how diverse the characters were. Yet when I read this short novella, I just couldn’t get in the groove. I don’t know if its me or the book, but it didn’t work for me on any level.
     Xanthe is some sort of a noble in a royal court within our paranormal world Thea Harrison has created. Xanthe’s first wife was involved in a plot on Queen Niniane in a previous book and has since been killed. Nadia is a private guard of the Queen and ultimately becomes Xanthe’s security guard after an assassination attempt on his life. Nadia and Xanthe spend most of the novella in Nadia’s home while Xanthe is recuperating from the assassination attempt.
     I don’t know what the problem was, but I never connected with either Xanthe or Nadia. Xanthe seemed so off putting. He was proper and seemed very old order. It didn’t even go with my view of Xanthe for him to feel romantically inclined towards Nadia. Nadia is a tough chick more in line with security guards, so I pictured this ripped, say it like it is, pants wearin’ strong female. Xanthe is old fashioned and I just don’t see him interested in Nadia at all.
     The actual romance seemed unrealistic, one moment they don’t even know each other and suddenly they are professing ever lasting love. I’ve been a fan but this one didn’t do it for me at all. The last few have drug for me, so I’m not sure if I’m gonna pick up the rest of the series. Guess we’ll see what Thea Harrison has in store.

Book Details
Publisher: Pocket Books
# of Pages: 417
Date of Publication: January 20, 2009
Source: Personal Purchase
Challenges
#10 for the 2013 E-Book Challenge
#10 for the 2013 Women's Reading Challenge
#10 for the 100 Books in a Year Challenge
#10 for the 150+ Books in a Year Challenge
#4 for the 2013 Sequels Challenge

No comments:

Post a Comment