The Brunette Librarian's
Top Ten Auto-Buy Authors
10. Jenny Lawson - I recently read Lets Pretend this Never Happened and am totally infatuated with the Bloggess! She's funny and I can't wait to see what else happens in her life. I totally am jealous of all of the stuffed mice too!
9. Alice Clayton - A recent find, I cannot tell you how involved I am in the Redhead's life. Written in first person, which I usually don't care for, I can't help but cheer for my favorite Redhead and her tough decisions. Triple love her! My reviews of The Redhead Revealed and The Unidentified Redhead
8. Lisa Kleypas - Another romance writer of yore, Lisa can write a historical or contemporary romance filled with wonderful characters, a fascinating storyline and are just plain fun. My reviews of Smooth Talking Stranger, Christmas Eve at Friday Harbor and Rainshadow Road
The Ugly Duchess, Paris in Love, When Beauty Tamed the Beast and The Duke is Mine
6. Kristen Ashley - I have a weird fascination for Ms. Ashley. Some of her books I loooove, some I hate, and others I become addicted...so its definitely hit or miss with me. Fortunately, its been more hit than miss and I can't wait until a new book comes out. She's become an autobuy for me even if she isn't a favorite yet. My review of Knight and Rock Chick
5. Kresley Cole - I ADORE Kresley Cole. I honestly have read all of her series and books and can't say a single bad thing about her. I love her characters, the stories, and I have even taken vacation days from work in order to read a new release from her. I love her that much! My reviews of Kiss of a Demon King, Shadow's Claim, Dreams of a Dark Warrior, Captain of All Pleasures and Lothaire
4. Elizabeth Hoyt - New book out today! Go and get it people, she's amazing. I'm hoping to see her at the RT Convention in May. My reviews of Raven Prince, Thief of Shadows, and Ice Princess
3. Ruthie Knox - I love this lady! I just discovered her last year and cannot believe I have missed her. Ruthie is able to take extraordinary circumstances and take you away on a journey you would never have went on. No joke, one of her romances takes place completely on a bicycle journey and it totally works. (Author Website) My reviews of Ride with Me, About Last Night, and How to Misbehave
2. Rachel Gibson - I started reading Rachel a few years ago when I stumbled on a book called See Jane Score. Funny but with a bite, I gobbled up her backlist. It seems like she has a new romance out every Spring and just this morning I was checking to see when her new book comes out. (Author Website / Goodreads) My reviews of See Jane Score, Crazy on You, and Rescue Me
1. Susan Elizabeth Phillips - I absolutely adore her books. Intelligent, romantic, hilarious with wonderful characters. There hasn't been a book by SEP that I haven't loved and wihtout a doubt, she is an autobuy author for me. (Author Website / Goodreads)
So there you have it, my top 10. Who's on your list?