Tuesday, February 5, 2013

"The Unidentified Redhead" By: Alice Clayton Review


The Unidentified Redhead
By: Alice Clayton

Synopsis from Goodreads
When Grace Sheridan returns to Los Angeles to become a working actor, it's a second shot at a life-long dream. With some help from her best friend and agent, that dream could become a reality, but at thirty-three, has Grace missed her chance at the big time? Will an unexpected sizzling romance with the entertainment industry's newest 'it' boy shine an uncomfortable spotlight on her life? Alice Clayton spins a playful and erotic May to December romance in this, her debut novel. Clayton's funny, borderline neurotic heroine is perfect in her imperfections, and the off the charts sexual chemistry between her and her charming, yet blissfully unaware leading man are the true heart of The Unidentified Redhead. With laugh out loud dialogue and a super steamy romance that will get your heart racing, sneaking around in L.A. and dodging the Paparazzi has never been so fun
My Thoughts
    I initially bought this book thinking I wouldn't like it. I know that’s a terrible thing to say, but the synopsis doesn’t sound very fun and I normally HATE first person fiction. But it had awesome reviews, and I had really enjoyed Wallbanger Alice Clayton’s newest romance, so I ponied up a few bucks and decided I’d try it.
   The Unidentified Redhead begins as Grace Sheridan returns to Los Angeles. She’s a struggling actress and living with her agent/best friend. Having had little luck finding work, she’s beginning to get disheartened with the whole Hollywood scene. Drug to a party with her friend, she meets up and coming actor Jack.
     Jack is the next “it” boy who will really pop when his movie finally releases. He hasn’t really hit that big fame yet but people are starting to know him and the paparazzi are starting to pick up on him. So when he meets Grace, an older, fun, wild red headed girl who isn’t impressed with his star status, he is instantly smitten.
    I think what I liked most about Grace and Jack is how stinkin’ cute they are together. They flirt, they joke, they plain have fun with one another. There isn’t jealousy, there isn’t cattiness, they are just two happy people trying to better themselves in Hollywood. They are both pursuing their dreams and finding love. I can’t tell you how refreshing that was.
     I loved this book so stinkin’ much, I’ve already reread it. I know I do that quite a bit, but usually not so soon. A wonderful story filled with great characters. Fast paced and super funny, the only thing bad I can say is that it leaves you wanting for more. Good thing there is a sequel! 


Favorite quotes:

“Grace, did you just sniff my shirt?" He asked, incredulous. 
“Yep, I did. What of it? And after you leave, I’ll probably lay on your side for a while because the pillow smells like you. I’m ridiculous when I’m in love. We’re talking Hallmark over here.” 

“There's all kinds of stuff on the internet. You could've Googled it." he stated. still moving his hand closer. I could feel the energy between us begin to hum again. "I think that you should go Google yourself, Brit boy. I'm not interested in Googling you .”  

Book Details
Publisher: Omnific Publishing
# of Pages: 276
Date of Publication: Febraury 16, 2010
ISBN: 978-1936305063
Source: Personal Purchase

Ways to find Alice...

Challenges
#6 for the 2013 E-Book Challenge
#6 for the 2013 Contemporary Romance Reading Challenge
#6 for the 2013 Women's Reading Challenge
#6 for the 100 Books in a Year Challenge
#6 for the 150+ Books in a Year Challenge
#6 for the 2013 Where are You Reading Challenge {Los Angeles, CA}



1 comment:

  1. I read it twice too. It was AWESOME. Can't wait for book 3!

    ReplyDelete