Thursday, December 13, 2012

"Rock Chick" By: Kristen Ashley Review

Rock Chick (Rock Chick, #1)
"Rock Chick"
By: Kristen Ashley

Synopsis from Goodreads

Indy Savage, cop's daughter, rock chick and used bookstore owner, has been in love with Lee Nightingale, once bad boy, now the man behind Nightingale Investigations, since she was five years old. No matter what ingenious schemes Indy used to capture his attention, Lee never showed an interest and Indy finally gave up. Now Indy's employee, Rosie, has lost a bag of diamonds and bad guys are shooting at him. When Indy gets involved, Lee is forced to help. Complicating matters, Lee has decided he's interested, Indy's decided she's not. But she can't seem to keep Lee out of her life when she's repeatedly stun gunned, kidnapped and there are car bombs exploding (not to mention she's finding dead bodies).

Indy's best bet is to solve the mystery of the diamonds before Lee. Lee's challenge is to keep Indy alive and, at the same time, win back her heart

My Thoughts
    If you’ve been reading my blog for any length of time, you’ll have seen that I have went on a huge Kristen Ashley kick. While all of her books have a first person view, I found that “Rock Chick” had a different feeling to it. Less of a strict romance and more of a humorous suspense, “Rock Chick” is a fun romp that reminded me of Stephanie Plum of Janet Evanovich fame.
    Indy has been in love with Lee Nightingale her entire life, but he only sees her as his little sister’s friend. Tired of rejection, Indy has went on with her life but all the while keeping Lee in the back of her mind. Keep in mind that Lee has a mysterious, cop like job that no one really knows about beyond Lee is totally bad ass.
Rock Chick (Rock Chick, #1)     So when people start shooting at Indy, who does she call but mysterious Lee? There is a whole mystery involving diamonds, crazy friends, drag queens, and stun guns. There is even a car blowing up, which is pretty much a hallmark event in any Evanovich book as far as I’m concerned. Funny and fast paced, but the part I enjoyed the most was definitely the character interactions.
    Lee is attracted to Indy, but has been biding his time until he has a stable home life...which is pretty much never going to happen, so when he finds the chance to get close and protect Indy, he takes it. Love me some Lee! He knows Indy is borderline crazy but totally accepts it and never tries to change her.
     While this Ashley book had a different feel than the other titles I’ve read by her, I absolutely loved the Stephanie Plum feel. I’m excited to read the rest of the series and am crossing my fingers that a lot of the characters cross over and appear again. At times a bit over the top, but the situations work perfectly in conjunction with the rest of the story. Haven’t found a Kristen Ashley book I don’t like yet, and for less than $3 a book they are a perfect price for a poor soul like me.

Book Details
Publisher: Kristen Ashley
# of pages: 412
Date of Publication: December 8, 2012
ISBN: 978-184923184

2 comments:

  1. Pretty nice post. I just stumbled upon your blog and wanted to say that I've really enjoyed browsing your blog posts. In any case I’ll be subscribing to your feed and I hope you write again very soon!
    Yüz Germe

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your blog.. very nice colors & theme. Did you create this website yourself or did you hire someone to do it for you? Plz reply back as I'm looking to create my own blog and would like to know wheere u got this from. thanks
    Estetik

    ReplyDelete