Saturday, February 9, 2013

"Knight" By: Kristen Ashley Review

Knight (Unfinished Hero, #1)
Knight
By: Kristen Ashley

Synopsis from Goodreads
Anya Gage has learned that to get anything good in life, you have to work for it. She has no expectations, no dreams. Then she finds herself at a party where she doesn’t want to be and she meets Knight.
Knight Sebring knows who he is, what he wants and what he likes. And he gets it. But he never expected something as sweet as Anya Gage to wander into his bedroom during a party he did not expect to be having to borrow his phone. Knight tries to leave Anya to the life she deserves of white picket fences and a man who watches football on Sundays – good, normal and clean. But when Anya comes to his nightclub and finds herself in a situation, he knows someone has to look after her, he can’t fight it anymore and he decides that man will be him.
Knight teaches Anya that, just as with the bad, in life you should also expect the good. And he teaches her this by giving it to her. But Knight has a dark past and just as he desires Anya for exactly who she is, he fears when she finds out exactly the man he has become and always intends to be, she’ll leave him for good, normal and clean.
My Thoughts
     Oh my gosh. Seriously. Whew. I just finished “Knight” and I honestly don’t know what to think. Did I like it? I just don’t know. Did i love it? I just don’t know! It kept me enthralled, I read it in one sitting, but when I was finished, I couldn’t help but think, whew. “Knight” is the ultimate readalike to “Fifty Shades” and is easily one of the most controversial books I’ve read this year.
     Anya is an innocent student who meets Knight when she’s at a party at his apartment. He arrives home enraged that his irresponsible brother is having yet another party and Anya happens to be there with her friend.
     Knight is intense, serious, and absolutely is not someone to be messed with. When he finds Anya living in a rundown building with no security, a terrible car, and creepy neighbors, he decides she needs a protector and sets about becoming that man. It doesn’t matter that he is the owner of a nightclub and he most certainly isn’t a knight in shining armor, he is attracted to Anya’s vulnerability and she’s attracted to his power.
     So how do I feel about it? Not letting any spoilers get in the way, Knight is not a good guy. In certain aspects he’s a good person, but there is a relatively large plot point that ensures he can never be totally a good person. Yet, I was strangely rooting for him. He was more than the underdog, he WAS the Unfinished Hero the series is named after. Anya was sweet, a bit gullible, but very lovable and ultimately kind. I enjoyed her but looooved me some Knight and that’s what sticks with me.
     Fans of “Fifty” will love this book I’m certain. “Knight” brings back those feelings of confidence and a take charge attitude that attracted so many women to Christian. Intense and powerful, yet with that unknown quality, “Knight” left me uncertain but thoughtful. A definite read heavy with the romance and naughtiness, I’d love to know what you thought!


Book Details
Publisher: Kristen Ashley
Date of Publication: April 8, 2012
# of Pages: 273
ISBN: B007SFBPFY
Source: Personal Purchase

Challenges

No comments:

Post a Comment