Friday, December 20, 2013

"Fighting For You" By: Sydney Landon Review

Fighting For You (Danvers, #4)
Fighting for You
By: Sydney Landon
Synopsis
Ella Webber has spent years uncomfortable around the opposite sex... But as soon as she meets handsome Declan Stone, she is smitten. Quickly they become friends, finding frequent reasons to see each other around the office, and Ella longs for even more. So-with a little help from her friends-Ella resorts to performing a little seduction. One that Declan will never be able to resist.
Burdened by emotional baggage from his time in the army, Declan refuses to believe he's the right man for sweet Ella. Even if she makes him long for normal things, like marriage and family....But in his attempts to close off his heart from her love, could he have underestimated Ella's powers of persuasion?
My Thoughts
     Being a huge fan of this series as a whole, I was highly anticipating Declan and Ella’s story. I can’t even tell you how excited I was...and how disappointed I am in what I just read. This is my first DNF I’ve had for quite a while and I am so sad it was Sydney’s book.
     Ella and Declan’s romance has been hinted at in all of the previous books. We all wanted big bad Declan to fall hard for the shy, simple Ella. So its safe to say there was plenty of buildup and as a reader, I wanted that buildup to pay off. I’m sorry to say, it never did for me.
  • Declan and Ella seemed to have zero chemistry. Where were the shy glances and whispered conversations in this book? It seemed as if the moment Declan decided he was ready to go after Ella, it was done. There was no more of the cute flirting that made me fall in the love with them to begin with.
  • I found Ella unbelievable as a character. Her mother seemed WAY WAY over the top and never really plausible. 
  • Ella’s innocence was way overplayed too. The "I’m a virgin and have no idea about life" seemed unrealistic and just weird. I can understand the not being intimate part but its 2013, sex is on the tv, Internet and radio. We know about it people. Oye.
  • Declan was a jerk. A jerk. He seemed disinterested in Ella and then suddenly its wham, bam, thank ya ma’am. He didn’t seem to even match his intensity in the previous books, so much so in fact that it was like I didn’t even know him.
     I’ve relatively enjoyed the other books in the series, especially Fall For Me but this one was blah. I made it about 50% of the way through and decided there were so many more books out there that I set it down. All in all, a blah book. Blah :)


Danvers Series
3. Fall For Me
4. Fighting For You
4.5 Betting on you (Coming January 2014)

Book Details
Publisher: Penguin Group
Date of Publication: October 15, 2013
# of Pages: 304
ISBN: 9780451468956
Source: Personal Purchase

No comments:

Post a Comment