Monday, September 10, 2012

"See Jane Score" By: Rachel Gibson Review

See Jane Score (Chinooks Hockey Team, #2)
"See Jane Score"
By: Rachel Gibson

Synopsis from Goodreads:
THIS IS JANE
A little subdued. A little stubborn. A little tired of going out on blind dates with men who drive vans with sofas in the back, Jane Alcott is living the Single Girl existence in the big city. She is also leading a double life. By day, she's a reporter covering the raucous Seattle Chinooks hockey team—especially their notorious goalie Luc Martineau. By night, she's a writer, secretly creating the scandalous adventures of "Honey Pie"...the magazine series that has all the men talking.
SEE JANE SPAR
Luc has made his feelings about parasite reporters—and Jane—perfectly clear. But if he thinks he's going to make her life a misery, he'd better think again.
SEE JANE ATTRACT
For as long as he can remember, Luc has been single minded about his career. The last thing he needs is a smart mouthed, pain in the backside, reporter digging into his past and getting in his way. But once the little reporter shed her black and gray clothes in favor of a sexy red dress, Luc sees that there is more to Jane than originally meets the eye.
Maybe it's time to take a risk. Maybe it's time to live out fantasies. Maybe it's time to....
SEE JANE SCORE!

My Thoughts:
   I LOVE this book. Love it! Recently when the blog “Smart Bitches, Trashy Books” asked what Rachel Gibson book you loved the most, easily “See Jane Score” came to mind and I just had to reread it. So I ran over to Barnes & Noble and immediately bought it for my Nook.
  Jane is a reporter who has just gotten her big career break, writing about the Seattle Chinooks hockey team. To make ends meet, Jane is also writing erotic fiction for a magazine. The beginning of her time with the Chinooks is fraught with hardship, made none the easier by our hero, Luc.
    Luc Martineau is perhaps one of the most important and popular members of the Chinooks hockey team. He simply hates reporters, especially female reporters who he thinks doesn’t know anything. Jane makes his life more complicated by not being a stereotypical reporter and is actually someone he respects and likes.
     The romance between these two is explosive. Luc and Jane are very different yet alike and they rub one another wrong all the time. It provides for really funny situations and AMAZING dialogue between the two characters.

“Do you really think that I don’t have anything better to do than to spend my time thinking about you? Digging up a little of the goods on Luc Martineau?" 
Fine lines appeared at the corners of his eyes and he laughed. “Sweetheart, there is nothing little about Luc’s goods.”
“You’re a complication I don’t need.” He followed, placed his hands on each side of her head, and planted his knee between her thighs. “But you’re a complication I want. One I’m going to have.”
     “See Jane Score” is an absolute must-read for anyone who likes fun contemporaries with amazing dialogue, funny quirky characters, and a fast moving interesting plot. I love the world of the Hockey players and think Gibson does a pretty great job of writing men and women in a realistic light within this world. All of Gibson’s back list is pretty wonderful, so definitely check her out if you haven’t read her. I’m going to leave with my favorite quote of the book, but beware, it’s totally swoon-worthy!
“I love you, and I want to be with you because you make my life better.” He pushed her hair behind her ear. “You asked me once what I see when I look into my future.” He slid his palm down her shoulder and took her hand. “I see you,” he said and kissed her knuckles.”
Book Details
Publisher: Avon Inspire
Date of Publication: January 28, 2003
# of Pages: 384
ISBN: 978-060009243

3 comments:

  1. Yay, a Rachel Gibson review! I get so happy when I read these! Rachel Gibson is my all-time favorite author. I love all her books. My top 3 are Truly, Madly Yours, It Must Be Love, and Tangled Up In You. Great review!

    ReplyDelete
  2. :) Thank you! Love her so much and oh my gosh, LOOVE It Must Be Love and Tangled! I can't remember Truly Madly Yours right now...must be time for a reread :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooh, this book sounds awesome. It looks like one of those books that I will definitely read. I'll go look for a copy of this.

    ReplyDelete