Tuesday, November 22, 2011

"The Unbecoming of Mara Dyer" By: Michelle Hodkin Review



I can't wait to talk about 
"The Unbecoming of Mara Dyer" 
By: Michelle Hodkin

Synopsis from Barnes and Noble:
Mara Dyer doesn't think life can get any stranger than waking up in a hospital with no memory of how she got there.
It can.
She believes there must be more to the accident she can't remember that killed her friends and left her mysteriously unharmed.
There is.
She doesn't believe that after everything she's been through, she can fall in love.
She's wrong.
My Thoughts:
     I loved this book! LOVE LOVE LOVE this book! It was easily one of my favorite books of the year...and when I was done, I just craved more! If you have a chance to read this book...run, jump, skip, ride your bike...do anything to get to it!
     Mara is your typical teenager...until a Ouija board predicts that she will cause the death of her two friends. Suddenly Mara is being pulled from the rubble of an abandoned building as her friends bodies are being recovered. The story slowly reveals what actually happened that night - and that's part of the magic of the story.
     There is romance, there is loss, there is mystery. I don't want to give too much away, but lets just say this book is amazing. Wonderfully written, excellent character development...and ends wide open for a sequel.

2 comments:

  1. I really liked this book too! What did you think about the gators though? It seemed like so many people freaked out, but I didn't think it was that big of a deal. Thanks for the review! I might post mine soon :o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Noah's hauteur is a mask -- one that crumbles in the face of Mara's unflinching directness. They have both met their match, and their delicious dynamic will leave readers ravenous for more. The Unbecoming of Mara Dyer features some of the best flirtatious banter I've ever read. Noah and Mara are intellectual equals who can keep pace with one another's rapid-fire minds (and mouths). Their smart and snappy repartee will have readers writhing with laughter even in the midst of this psychological nightmare.

    ReplyDelete