Thursday, November 17, 2011

"Wrangled and Tangled" By: Lorelei James Review

Today's review is of 
"Wrangled and Tangled" By: Lorelei James

Synopsis from Barnes and Noble:
New in the Blacktop Cowboy series.
Janie Fitzhugh and Abe Lawson have long been divorced and living apart. Now she's back in town, a changed woman-making cattleman Abe want to wrangle an invitation to her bed...
To get his dream ranch, Renner Jackson has partnered with spoiled daddy's girl Tierney Pratt. She thinks she can handle this cowboy, but Renner won't make it easy. Little do they know they will be entangled in ways neither dreamed possible.
My thoughts:
     This book is a solid 3 star read for me. I have read other books by Lorelei James and really liked them...but this was kind of disappointed with the newest title in her Blacktop Cowboy series. I liked it, but it fell kind of flat in the character development area for me.
     This is the story of two couples (yay!), Janie and Abe, a divorced couple who have come back together after years apart and Renner and Tierney, who work together. Every couple of chapters the story would change between the couples..which kind of became annoying because you would get into one's story and then be thrust back into the other. 
     I'm not going to rehash the story because its pretty much spelled out in the synopsis. Each couple fought, became closer...fought, got a little naughty...and in the end there was a happily ever after. I thought the story could have been a little more involved but it was an enjoyable read for a Sunday afternoon. I will definitely be reading any sequel but wouldn't recommend this story if you haven't read the rest of the series. 





1 comment:

  1. Hello! I don't know if I'd like the alternating story device. I've seen it work well but that doesn't sound like the case here.

    New follower~

    Stephanie ~Misfit Salon~

    ReplyDelete