Monday, January 13, 2014

"Wanted" By: J. Kenner Review

18142413
Wanted
By: J. Kenner
Synopsis
He is everything I crave, all I desperately want—and he is everything I can’t have. Evan Black embodies my every fantasy. He is brilliant, fierce, and devastatingly handsome. But he is also headstrong, dangerous, and burdened with secrets.  My family warned me to stay away, that I could never handle Evan’s dark dealings or scarred past. Maybe I should have listened. Maybe I should have run. But our desire is undeniable, and some temptations you just can’t fight. And from the moment we touch—the passion between us consuming us both—I know that I will never be the same. 
My Thoughts
     I’ve read a few J. Kenner books and while I’ve enjoyed them, they’ve never grabbed me like Wanted has. From the very first few pages, the mystery of Evan and the uncertainty of Angelina as she enters the real world was addictive to say the least. Well written characters, a wonderful start to a new series, and a rich secondary character set easily makes this one of the best new series to watch.
     Angelina’s much beloved uncle, Jahn, has just passed away. Just having graduated college and taking care of her suddenly ill uncle haven’t left Angelina with much time to plan her life, or decide which direction she wants to go. Her father is a politician,  and wishes for her to work on capital hill. She’s dating an FBI agent, who doesn’t light a fire in her like her Uncle Jahn’s friend, Evan.
     Evan is as mysterious as the night. Angie has known Evan for years but has never really known him if you know what I mean. A student of Jahn, a lover of all things fine, and definitely not always on the right side of the law, Evan promised Jahn he would never pursue Angelina. With Jahn’s death, Evan can no longer deny his feelings for Angie and Angelina begins to see her infatuation with Evan may not be as one sided as she thought.
    Addictive is probably the best way to describe Wanted from the first few pages. I couldn’t get enough Evan and his total just alphaness. It was freakin’ fantastic. He may be an art thief, he may not, he may be under investigation by the FBI, he may not...but boy oh boy do I love him for being the bad boy that he is. The will she won’t she plays out beautifully and their first kiss will have you shouting yes!  
     This book is so much fun! Swift moving with a total alpha lead hero and a fun heroine in Angie, I can’t wait to see what J. Kenner has in store for us in Heated. Evan’s two friends, Tyler and Cole, will make great characters in their own books, and I will most definitely be rushing to read their books. Secrets abound and I have a feeling they are only going to get better and a bit juicier. Who are these three men and just what exactly have they been up to?
1. Wanted
2. Heated (May 13, 2014)
3. Ignited (September 2, 2014)

Book Details
Publisher: Bantam
Date of Publication: January 7, 2014
# of Pages: 352
ISBN: 978-0804176668
Source: Edelweiss - For Review

No comments:

Post a Comment