Sunday, October 14, 2012

It's Monday! What Are You Reading??



It's Monday! -
What Are You Reading?
is hosted weekly on Mondays
by Sheila from
"One Person's Journey"

Post the books you read last week, books currently reading, and books you plan on finishing this week.







I've been gone for two weeks! You wouldn't believe how sad I was last week that I didn't get a chance to participate last Monday. 

So where have I been? 
I've been at the annual Missouri Library Association meeting in Springfield, Missouri. Had a fantastic time and came back with some wonderful ideas for use in my library.

Wanna see some of my favorite pictures from my trip?
The obligatory picture of my hotel room!
Went to a wine tasting at Oovvda Winery - brought home a wonderful peach wine! 
Visited the Springfield, MO Library!!
I loved visiting the Library Center of Springfield. Truly a remarkable place. So pretty with so much stuff to look  at. I even wrote a blog post about its awesomeness

Ate at Lambert's - Home of the Throwed Rolls!! 
Attended a book talk by Kate Klise - and got an autographed book! 
Who doesn't love Pete the Cat? We were entertained by the musician behind the book. Learned some sweet dance moves! 
What I read this week...
Nobody's Baby But Mine (Chigago Stars, #3)
"Nobody's Baby But Mine"
By: Susan Elizabeth Phillips
The Plan - Genius physics professor Dr. Jane Darlington desperately wants a baby. But finding a father won't be easy. Jane's super-intelligence made her feel like a freak when she was growing up, and she's determined to spare her own child that suffering. Which means she must find someone very special to father her child. Someone . . . well . . "stupid."

The Target - Cal Bonner, the Chicago Stars' legendary quarterback, seems like the perfect choice. But his champion good looks and down-home ways are deceiving. Dr. Jane learns too late that this good ol'boy is a lot smarter than he lets on -- and he's not about to be used and abandoned by a brainy baby-mad schemer.

The Explosion - A brillant, lonely woman who dreams only of motherhood . . . A take no-prisoners tough guy who'll settle for nothing less than surrender . . . Can passion and physical attraction propel two strong-willed yet vulnerable people to a totally unexpected love?

More than a Mistress
"More Than a Mistress"
By: Mary Balogh

He is bad-tempered, reckless, a man superior in his abilities to charm and delight women. The greatest matrimonial prize in all of Christendom, he is the scandalous Duke of Tresham. When a young woman interferes in his Hyde Park duel, causing him to get shot, he hires her as his nurse, vowing that she will share his misery during his convalescence. Far too bold for her own good, Jane Ingleby is the kind of woman a man might find beautiful were it not for her impudence. She questions the duke's every move, scolds his bad manners, breaches his secrets, and touches his soul. When Tresham offers to set Jane up in his London town house, love is the last thing on his mind.  And hers. Trying to pretend it is strictly business, an arrangement she must accept in order to conceal a dangerous secret, Jane suspects there is nothing more perilous than being the lover of such a man. Yet as she gets past his devilish facade and sees the noble heart within, she discovers the greatest jeopardy of all--a passion that drives her to risk everything on one perfect month with the improper gentleman who thinks love is for fools.  

Bared to You (Crossfire, #1)
"Bared to You"
By: Sylvia Day

Our journey began in fire... Gideon Cross came into my life like lightning in the darkness-beautiful and brilliant, jagged and white-hot. I was drawn to him as I'd never been to anything or anyone in my life. I craved his touch like a drug, even knowing it would weaken me. I was flawed and damaged, and he opened those cracks in me so easily... Gideon knew. He had demons of his own. And we would become the mirrors that reflected each other's most private wounds... and desires. The bonds of his love transformed me, even as I prayed that the torment of our pasts didn't tear us apart...

Reflected in You (Crossfire, #2)
"Reflected In You"
By: Sylvia Day

Gideon Cross. As beautiful and flawless on the outside as he was damaged and tormented on the inside. He was a bright, scorching flame that singed me with the darkest of pleasures. I couldn't stay away. I didn't want to. He was my addiction... my every desire... mine.

My past was as violent as his, and I was just as broken. We’d never work. It was too hard, too painful... except when it was perfect. Those moments when the driving hunger and desperate love were the most exquisite insanity. We were bound by our need. And our passion would take us beyond our limits to the sweetest, sharpest edge of obsession...

Train Station Bride
"Train Station Bride"
By: Holly Bush

1887 Debutante, Julia Crawford endures a lifetime of subtle ridicule as the plump, silly daughter of a premiere Boston family. Julia strikes out on her own to gain independence, traveling to the Midwest to marry an aging shopkeeper and care for his mother. Julia finds her new home rough and uncivilized after the sophistication of a big city, while closely held secrets threaten to ruin Julia’s one chance at love.

Jake Shelling was sixteen and grew up quick when his parents died from influenza on the South Dakota prairie. Left with a half-cleared farm and two young sisters, he spent little time on his own needs . . till now. At thirty-five, he figured it was high time to have some sons and a mail order bride would suit him just fine. No expectations of love, just a helpmate from sturdy stock, ready for farm life.

Wll fate and chance play a trick on Julia and Jake?

What I'm Reading Now...
Down to You
"Down to You"
By: M Leighton

Olivia Townsend is nothing special. She’s just a girl working her way through college so she can return home to help her father run his business. She’s determined not to be the second woman in his life to abandon him, even if it means putting her own life on hold. To Olivia, it’s clear what she must do. Plain and simple. Black and white.

But clear becomes complicated when she meets Cash and Nash Davenport. They’re brothers. Twins.
Cash is everything she’s always wanted in a guy. He’s a dangerous, sexy bad boy who wants her in his bed at any cost. He turns her insides to mush and, with just one kiss, makes her forget why he’s no good for her.

Nash is everything she’s ever needed in a guy. He’s successful, responsible and intensely passionate. But he’s taken. Very taken, by none other than Marissa, Liv’s rich, beautiful cousin. That doesn’t stop Olivia from melting every time he looks at her, though. With just one touch, he makes her forget why they can never be together.

Black and white turns to shades of gray when Olivia discovers the boys are hiding something, something that should make her run as far and as fast as she can. But it’s too late to run. Olivia’s already involved. And in love. With both of them.
What are you reading this week??

18 comments:

  1. So jealous you got to read Reflected in You! How was it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't know yet...its one of those when you close it you just think, What in the world did I just read? Still on the fence about the characters too...but I'm just addicted to the books! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really want to read Bared to You and Reflected in You! I loved Down to You!!!!
    Here's what I'm reading
    Ashley
    #BookNerd

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love my white shoes, I love my white shoes..lol. How cool you got to see the musician behind Pete the Cat! And peach wine sounds amazing.

    I am adding More Than a Mistress to my list of books to read! Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YES!! When we did the White Shoes song, there was a dance too! :) Love that you know that :)

      Delete
  5. Looks like you had a great time. Hope you enjoy the books!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks like you had so much fun! And Pete the Cat = awesome :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I linked up to your blog for my Saturday Surfin' last week and shared you tour of the Library Center. Cool post!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great trip pictures! Thanks for sharing. Have a lovely reading week ~~ here are my reads: http://virtual-notes.blogspot.de/search/label/bookshelf

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your library convention sounds like so much fun!!

    Enjoy your books this week -

    Sue

    Book By Book

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the pics, thanks for sharing and I have to ask what's a Throwed Roll?? Have a great week and happy reading :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I have been to Lambert's in Gulf Shores, Alabama several times and I must say, the apple butter is addicting!

    I have not heard of "Train Station Bride," but it sounds really good. I'm a sucker for a book that takes place in the 1800's.

    ReplyDelete
  12. It looks like you had a wonderful trip. I hope you got to rest a little bit in between all of the fun!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Looks liek you had a great time!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great haul! Down To You sounds really good.
    I hope you enjoy your reads!

    ReplyDelete
  15. More Than a Mistress sounds like a very interesting read. It reminds me a little of this local movie that just came out here entitled "The Mistress." I haven't seen it yet, so I don't know if it follows the same story line. Lots of reads this week! Good job! =)

    ReplyDelete
  16. I like the idea of Train Station Bride, and it sounds like the convention was awesome! :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. I hate missing a monday post as well!
    The trip looks great :)
    Love the sound of Train Station Bride and Down to You :D

    ReplyDelete